This is a Manager Quality Assurance role, reporting to the Plant Manager in Business Area – Motion located in Peenya, Bangalore. You will be responsible for establishing and maintaining quality culture within the ABB organization by assuring and controlling quality with systems, tools, processes and team resources for a superior customer experience.
- Developing and sustaining quality management system for local unit.
- Working with team for preventing mistakes and defects in product and processes, delivering solution or service to customer.
- Providing confidence to the customers, inspecting and regulatory agencies with a quality assurance and continual improvement culture.
- Ensuring inspection and testing plan are developed , implemented and monitored at incoming, in process, final quality stages and as well at supplier across value chain.
- Validating effectiveness of the control plans from time to time and take improvement actions.
- Enabling and coaching the team for solving problem and representing the customers view point.
- Utilizing ABB Group aligned systems and tools to assist engineering function with product data, data analysis , validating AQPQ plans , PPAP processes for assuring effective introduction of new products.
- Ensuring with Human Resource (HM) Manager support that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed.
- Guiding, motivating and developing direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies, for the benefit of both ABB and the employee.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Must have people managerial skills to handle team of 12 to 15 engineers.
- Must have knowledge of SAP / ERP is added advantage.
- Must be a Six Sigma Black Belt certified.
- Must have experience in process knowledge like casting, machining, fabrication, forging, copper testing.
- Must have good knowledge of ISO 9001 QMS.
- Expertise in problem solving, analysis and continuous improvement techniques.
- Ability to provide technical / product trainings.
Qualification & Experience:
- B.E / B. Tech in Mechanical/ Electrical engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 15 to 20 years of experience in quality function for Motors, Generators and worked on tools like Six Sigma , PPAP , PFMEA , 7 QC tools .
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Analyst
Job Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Application Deadline: N/A