Do you want to be part of a team that builds cutting edge software service, a team that is continually innovating and is proud of making a difference? If so, bring your passion and talent and come join us to be part of something big and amazing.
Apple’s IS&T team is looking for highly motivated and talented DevOps/Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) to build the next generation of software services that powers several mission critical applications.
- Provide incident resolution for all technical production issues.
- You are an independent problem-solver who is self-directed and capable of exhibiting deftness to handle multiple simultaneous competing priorities and deliver solutions in a timely manner.
- Create and maintain accurate, up-to-date documentation reflecting configuration, and responsible for writing justifications, training users in complex topics, writing status reports, documenting procedures, and interacting with other Apple staff and management.
- Administer and ensure the proper execution of the backup systems.
- Provide guidance to improve the stability, security, efficiency and scalability of systems.
- Strong troubleshooting ability will be used daily; will take steps on their own to isolate issues and resolve root cause through investigative analysis in environments where the candidate has little knowledge/experience/documentation.
- Determine future needs for capacity and investigate new products and/or features.
- The candidate should be adapt at prioritizing multiple issues in a high pressure environment
- Expertise in configuration management (such as Ansible, Salt) for deploying, configuring, and managing servers and systems
- Experience managing infrastructure in AWS
- Expert understanding of Unix/Linux based operating system
- Have a passion for automation by creating tools using Python, Java or Bash
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills.
- Experience deploying and managing CI/CD pipelines.
- Have a strong experience in managing distributed computing systems, e.g., NoSQL, Cassandra, Hadoop
- Strong expertise in troubleshooting complex production issues
Qualification & Experience:
- BS in computer science with 7-10 years or MS plus 5-7 years experience or related experience.
- Experience in
- Kubernetes, Docker or other container orchestration framework
- Big Data technologies – Hadoop, Solr
- Database technologies – MongoDB, Oracle
- Queuing technologies – Kafka
- Caching technologies – Redis
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Application Deadline: N/A