Website Bechtel Corporation
Responsible for providing technical guidance as a GIS Subject Matter Expert to support various studies, investigations, and implementation of GIS necessary for permitting, engineering, and construction. Shall be involved in both geospatial web application development and geospatial analysis. Engage externally with clients and technology providers in tandem with Bechtel’s global teams to ideate, resolve and implement solutions specific to a given project.
- Lead special studies on economic feasibility and on new GIS technologies and methods. Interfaces with, and represents GIS to project management teams
- Support marketing and business development with Bechtel clients, including providing input to proposals and making client presentations
- Prepare scope and schedule estimates for GIS project support. Coordinate with client representatives, as directed, to obtain their approval of GIS aspects of the work.
- Identify and define GIS-related tasks, devices technical approaches and methodologies to solve problems, and prepares scope of work, budget and schedule for execution of the required tasks
- Lead the development of GIS deliverables, such as spatial data, cartographic maps, GIS spatial analyses and GIS desktop / web applications
- Manage geospatial databases and inter-operability with cross-functional data-centric work processes, procedures, and automation tools to maximize the benefits of GIS value-proposition throughout the project life cycle.
- Mentors, trains, and oversees GIS team members as they perform their GIS tasks.
- Maintain metadata and documentation, performs topology checks and other data quality checks to identify and correct errors or omissions in data.
- Take an active and visible role, representing Bechtel at professional conferences and on committees.
- Manage GIS project teams through all phases of development, including needs analysis, requirements definition, application and database design, data development, application programming, installation, quality control, user training, acceptance testing, and system rollout.
- Advanced level of proficiency and demonstrated experience in ArcGIS Servers, Enterprise GIS geodatabase and spatial analysis using ESRI-based products and open source products.
- Complete latitude for independent judgment. Mentors less-experienced team members and leads team or projects with broad visibility.
- Object detection ability in Solar farms, inventory in laydown areas
- Solves unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business.
- Anticipates internal and/or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues.
- Proficient is using GIS Software like ArcGIS Pro, QGIS, Google Earth Pro, MapInfo Pro, Maptitude etc.
- BIM and GIS Integration
- Use modern geospatial technology as an enterprise solution
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a core engineering discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Broad progressive relevant work experience of over 10 years as a GIS Specialist or Analyst, or a related field with demonstrated capabilities in GIS with an overall Industry experience of more than 15 years
Company: Bechtel Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Ahmedabad, Gujarat, IN
Application Deadline: N/A