You will help us resolve some of our customers’ most complicated issues. The Cisco Security Escalations team seeks a motivated engineer to help drive customer success, product quality and improvements for the Next Generation Intrusion Prevention System (NGIPS), Next Generation Firewall (NGFW) and Firepower Threat Defense (FTD) platforms.
Our team works with Cisco Support and other teams within the Engineering organization to solve, debug, and resolve a wide array of issues encountered by product users. You will also have an opportunity to guide new feature implementation from inception and design, to implementation.
- Work with peers to investigate and drive critical issues to resolution.
- Reproduce customer issues escalated from support.
- Work with test teams to build system test cases to prevent future occurrences of identified bugs.
- Work with Product Development teams to identify product serviceability/usability issues and address quality problems.
- Provide technical mentorship to junior members of the team.
- Identify and fix problems in released products through troubleshooting and code analysis.
- Help facilitate problem solving and collaborate within the team.
- Work with customers and support teams to capture sufficient information to reproduce customer problems.
- Work with teams to provide feedback and mentorship on new features.
- Build debug binaries and scripts to aid in identification of customer facing issues.
- Solid understanding of networking architecture such as routing/switching, IP,TCP/UDP and application layers such as HTTP, SMTP, etc.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Fundamental understanding of network security principles
- Ability to understand legacy code to identify and fix problems
- Ability to learn new skills and apply them quickly
- Proven proficiency with Linux shell scripting languages
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with Ethernet packet-based analysis
- At least 8+ years of experience in a technical role in a software-related field
- Experience with Perl or equivalent language
- C/C++ experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, IN
Application Deadline: N/A