Responsible for all commercial elements of the e-commerce function (Emirates.com and OTA) for the designated primary and secondary markets, including all online channels and mobile platforms. Ensure that assigned sales and revenue targets for the region are achieved. This also involves commercialising all new products and services online in order to achieve overarching targets for revenue, mobile share, self-service etc
- Implement commercial contracts and ensure that these, and existing agreements, are maintained and administered in a professional manner. Manage and ensure local incentive payments or trigger threshold payments to Online Travel Agents and CUGO partners dealt with promptly.
- Review local online travel product developments and provide recommendations and best practice of appropriate modification that improves online consumer experience. Review the accuracy and quality of regional web sites.
- Develop, implement and drive the online strategic business plan to provide direct sales and OTA channel revenue and to achieve distribution cost savings, ensuring recommendations are sought from Sales Managers and that business cases introduce and/or review the pricing strategy including benchmarking to provide a value proposition to the channel.
- Develop and manage local commercial relationships within the Online Travel Agents and leverage these to identify new revenue streams and increase sales conversions.
- Plan, develop, negotiate fares and manage local promotional online (emirates.com and OTA) sales campaigns using online sales force tools. Work with Corporate Communications to market these offers across all advertising mediums. Provide post tactical campaign analysis with recommended application of learning to future campaigns. Enable the implementation of all new online features, sales tools, fulfilment and payment processes and ensure that they are customer focused and in place according to guidelines
- Plan and lead a local E-Commerce (emirates.com and OTA) strategy in line with strategic and tactical sales activity and support its development and implementation with relevant stakeholders across all platforms including mobile. Be responsible for the management of the local E-database and plan activity including database marketing to engage and achieve maximum reaction. Plan local database acquisition through campaigns with the support of Corporate Communications.
- Knowledge of the internet, e-commerce, direct sales and marketing would be essential
- Ability to adapt and respond quickly to a fast changing environment. Familiarity with best practices n web-based marketing is essential.
- A systematic and logical approach to problem solving and a capacity to work around problems.
- Specific knowledge of the sales environment of an airline/travel industry
- Candidate must have the right to live & work in India.
Qualification & Experience:
- Degree in e-commerce, business or tourism related subject is essential
- 8+ year’s experience in an E-Commerce, marketing or sales capacity.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Kochi, Kerala, IN
Application Deadline: N/A