In today’s world any organization or individual are constantly under the threat of cyber attack and this is proven through a steady uprise in the security incidents and data breaches year on year. We at Freshworks are committed to prevent such incidents and provide a secure environment for our customers to run their business.
Freshworks is looking for a passionate and self-driven application security engineer with the ability to work independently and collaboratively to enable development teams build secure products. You will play a pivotal role in integrating and advancing security by working with Developers, Product Owners, Program Managers, and Security Engineers. As part of the security engineering team you will advocate secure coding, secure design principles, build frameworks to automate security testing and conduct security assessments to unearth critical vulnerabilities. We also expect you to deliver trainings to development and QA teams.
- Examine the products in detail to discover vulnerabilities and collaborate with the other security engineers to practically demonstrate the exploitability and risk factors.
- Be on the forefront of emerging vulnerabilities / threats which could affect Freshworks products through independent research and study.
- Engage with the developers in developing workarounds / mitigation plan and ensure they are implemented per policy.
- Drive thematic security assessments to discover and exploit unique vulnerabilities having serious business impact.
- Ability to communicate and interpret security vulnerabilities to various audience such as development and management teams.
- Good understanding and knowledge in web frameworks and architecture.
- Good knowledge relating to services / technology relating to cloud.
- Expert-level knowledge in multiple classes of vulnerabilities that includes cross-site scripting, SQL Injection, CSRF, cryptographic related weakness, and code injection.
- Ability to automate security testing and improve productivity in security assessments.
Qualification & Experience:
- Master or Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science / Engineering, Masters in Computer Science, Bachelor of Science in Computer Science.
- Good knowledge in SAML / OAuth / Open ID Connect.
- 7 to 10 years of experience in application security, desirable to have 2 years of software development experience.
- Good knowledge in programming / scripting languages such as Java, Ruby, and Python.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, IN
Application Deadline: N/A