At Google, data drives all of our decision-making. Quantitative Analysts work all across the organization to help shape Google’s business and technical strategies by processing, analyzing and interpreting huge data sets. Using analytical excellence and statistical methods, you mine through data to identify opportunities for Google and our clients to operate more efficiently, from enhancing advertising efficacy to network infrastructure optimization to studying user behavior. As an analyst, you do more than just crunch the numbers. You work with Engineers, Product Managers, Sales Associates and Marketing teams to adjust Google’s practices according to your findings. Identifying the problem is only half the job; you also figure out the solution.
- Work with large, complex data sets. Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods.
- Conduct end-to-end analysis, including data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations.
- Research and develop analysis, forecasting, and optimization methods to improve the quality of Google’s user facing products.
- Make business recommendations (e.g. cost-benefit, forecasting, experiment analysis) with effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders through visual displays of quantitative information.
- Interact cross-functionally with a variety of people and teams. Work closely with Engineers to identify opportunities, design, and assess improvements to Google products.
- Build and prototype analysis pipelines iteratively to provide insights at scale.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of Google data structures and metrics, advocating for changes where needed.
- Willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques. Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Experience articulating business questions and using mathematical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data.
- Experience translating analysis results into business recommendations.
- Ability to select the right statistical tools given a data analysis problem.
- Experience with Machine Learning on large datasets.
- 4 years of relevant work experience, including expertise with statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models, and/or sampling methods.
- Ph.D. degree in a quantitative discipline.
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience in data analysis or related field.
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., R, Python, Julia, MATLAB, pandas) and database languages (e.g., SQL).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Belgaum, Karnataka, IN
Application Deadline: N/A