Google’s in-house tax team knows all things corporate tax. Made up of smart, perceptive Googlers with a flair for domestic, international, and sales and use tax, the knowledge and expertise of this team runs deep. You have years of experience in this field and an extensive knowledge of those tax issues most relevant to internet companies. While we don’t give our Googlers individual tax advice, you make it easy for Googlers to get what they need to make good tax decisions. You find ways to work smarter by streamlining and automating our tax processes and systems, and find ways to be both innovative and compliant.
- Strengthen processes including leveraging technology to automate and optimizing costs.
- Partner with regional business leaders, Finance, and Legal teams on various business and tax planning matters.
- Manage regional indirect tax audits conducted by authorities in various APAC-countries.
- Provide proactive tax advice with respect to the group’s operations in the APAC-region region and advise on indirect tax consequences of agreements and business operations and new product launches.
- Monitor and analyze proposed and newly enacted APAC-region indirect tax legislations and assist in defining and implementing appropriate local country tax planning strategies.
- Commercial focus with ability to clearly communicate tax technical issues to non-tax professionals.
- Excellent analytical and research skills.
- Technical domain knowledge of indirect taxes (GST, Service Tax, VAT, customs, etc.).
- Ability to manage complex projects and work independently to achieve overall company business objectives.
Qualification & Experience:
- Qualified Chartered Accountant, or Bachelor’s degree in Law, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience working with indirect taxes, within the India region.
- Experience in managing indirect tax audits and litigation matters across various appellate levels.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Mysuru, Karnataka, IN
Application Deadline: N/A