This role entails management and maintenance of the quality of the credit portfolio pertaining to the Used Car Loan portfolio from strategic planning to collections while ensuring alignment with IBFC First’s credit risk appetite and the overall credit strategy in order to minimize problematic accounts and losses to the bank in the allocated area. The role bearer’s responsibilities entail managing the entire credit application process, right from login to disbursement. The role bearer is involved in development and implementation of credit policy initiatives and managing the quality of the portfolio. The role bearer will be in direct contact with the consumers in order to establish their credit, worthiness, ensuring completion of verifications and adhering to the guidelines set as per the company credit policy. The execution of these tasks must be accomplished in such manner which is both sales supportive and risk averse contributing to the larger organizational objectives of the bank.
- Making sure completion of credit/KYC documents and verification- telephonic, field & collateral visits.
- Ensuring credit policy adherence to the accepted standards.
- Responsible for underwriting secured and unsecured proposals for loan customers as per the laid down policies & procedure to honor the agreed SLAs and manage area business volumes.
- Control and contain front-end delinquencies by calling up customer on first presentation.
- Conduct personal discussion with customers to establish credit worthiness.
- Collaborate with Collections to drive down the net credit loss and delinquency metrics by ensuring that trends on delinquent customers are identified and communicated to the Collections team in order to take corrective action through new sourcing.
- Review and approve credit proposals given the discretionary authority and escalate others to those with the appropriate approval authority while ensuring compliance with the bank’s credit policy.
- Coordinate with sales to achieve targets and ensure SLAs are met.
- Supervise a team of credit underwriters and provide guidelines.
- Graduate – Any
- Post Graduate – Any
- Experience of 8+ years of experience in credit underwriting.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Application Deadline: N/A