You will be leading business and people in a very dynamic region, full of business opportunities and a very clear agenda of optimizing the affordability and profitability for the newly opened retail market in India. Our active purchase region of India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka is often connected to textile and handicraft but there is as well a big portion of new investments with the latest production techniques.
- New business dares to explore and try new solutions to create an optimal value chain and business development. While keeping a strong focus on fact-based business leadership, innovative thinking and an entrepreneurial spirit, New Business starts up new suppliers, new purchasing markets and product development partners. It also deploys and verifies new materials, production techniques and business models.
- The New Business Manager delivers excellent business results and identifies new business opportunities from a democratic design and purchasing perspective. This is done together with the New Business team through in South Asia through the implementation of an action plan aligned with an IKEA category business assignment.
- The New Business Manager is accountable for a professional relationship with suppliers through the IKEA Way of Doing Business, based on a shared business model, trust and transparency. In this role, the New Business Manager will also contribute to identify and act on cross-regional synergies & opportunities.
- You will also be a part of our Purchase & Logistics Area management team, living our IKEA culture and values and making South Asia a great place to work.
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Project Management experience
- Good knowledge of IKEA Strategic Landscape, especially the IKEA Range and Supply strategies
- Very good knowledge of the business model for growth; deep knowledge of business development, value chain analysis and opportunities
- Knowledge about life at home, customer needs and living situations
- Very good knowledge of supplier capabilities, material and production including deep knowledge of industry and market specific conditions.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Business Development
Job Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Application Deadline: N/A