Website Post Office
The Job Profile of Dak Sevaks will include all functions of viz sale of stamps and stationery, conveyance and delivery of mail and any other duties assigned by Postmaster/Sub Postmaster including IPPB work in the Departmental Post Offices/RMS.He may also have to assist Post Masters/Sub Postmasters in managing the smooth functioning of Departmental Post Offices and do marketing, business procurement or any other work assigned by the Post Master or IPO/ASPO/SPOs/SSPOs/SRM/SSRM and other Supervising authorities. In Railway Mail Services (RMS), GDS has to handle the work related to RMS, like, closing/opening of bags, transport of bags from one place to other manually and any other works allotted by the RMS authorities.
- There will be no relaxation in upper age limit to EWS candidates. However, the persons belonging to EWSs who are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs and OBCs shall get 10% reservation in engagement to the Gramin Dak Sevak posts in the Department of Posts as per Directorate instructions circulated vide no. 17-09/2019-GDS dated 26.02.2019.
- All Engaging Authorities shall maintain reservation for persons with disabilities to all categories of GDS posts except for persons with benchmark of disability “Blind” (for all categories of GDS).
- Percentage of reservation may be maintained as in the case of SC,ST and OBC categories in GDS posts as per Directorate order no. 17-08/2017-GDS dated 26.02.2019.
- Relaxation in upper age limit is subject to the condition that maximum age of the applicant on the crucial date shall not exceed 55 years.
How to Apply:
- Candidates must ensure to go through the notification and instructions thoroughly and understood well before registering himself for applying online.
- Candidate has to ensure himself that he is eligible by all respects for the Circle/Post he selected.
- Only one Registration is to be made for one candidate. The same registration number should be used for submission of applications during the cycle to any of the circles.
- In case of any duplicate Registration is found by altering the basic details like change of father name, change of Date of Birth, Applying one Registration with UR category and another registration etc; will be treated as duplicate registration. all the candidatures relating to all such duplicate Registration and all such registrations will be deleted for consideration.
- Candidates need not submit any physical application. It should also be noted that any application is physical sent stating that the application could not be uploaded, it will not be processed.
- Secondary School Examination pass certificate of 10th standard with passing marks in Mathematics, local language and English (having been studied as compulsory or elective subjects) conducted by any recognized Board of School Education by the Government of India/State Governments/ Union Territories in India shall be a mandatory educational qualification for all approved categories
Company: Post Office
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Kochi, Kerala, IN
Application Deadline: N/A