The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo.
- You contribute to the professional development of colleagues, improving their technical knowledge and engineering practices.
- Think big, bringing fresh ideas and interactions that make Alexa development easy and intuitive
- When confronted with discordant views, you are able to find the best way forward and influence others to follow that path (build consensus).
- You are a key influencer in team strategy.
- You drive engineering best practices (e.g., Operational Excellence, Security, Quality, etc.) and set standards.
- You bring perspective and provide context to guide future technology choices.
- You understand the business impact of your systems and show good judgment when making technical trade-offs.
- You take a long-term view of architecture, proactively fixing deficiencies and/or proposing larger projects.
- Your code submissions and approach to work are exemplary. You write software that is easy for others to contribute to.
- An understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
- Works well in a team environment and be able to effectively drive cross-team solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements
- Development experience with media technologies (audio & video)
- Development experience with Linux and embedded operating systems.
Qualification & Experience:
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Application Deadline: N/A